Pages

Monday 29 April 2019

Ruapotaka's ANZAC Service by Jessica


Ruapotaka School held its very own ANZAC ceremony. It was hosted by the student leaders Riiana, Leanah and myself. When we have our services we welcome parents and family to join us. We also invite people from the RSA to watch us and give us their feedback.

I started our ANZAC service with our school prayer followed by our school waiata. After that, I lead the singing of the National Anthem. All the students, teachers and parents joined in. I then invited Mrs Hamilton to the stage to read out the Declaration.

We had three different ANZAC contributions. I was a part of this. I wrote a soldier profile. Flight Lieutenant T. G. Culling. Each class made a wreath that was laid out in front of the crosses we had displayed.

Following the laying of the wreath, I introduced Riiana to the stage to recite a poem called "In Flanders Fields". After that, we had our second and third ANZAC contributions. We had a new student from Room 10 who read out a narrative about being a child waiting for their father to come home from the war and two lovely students from Room 6 who read out why we have The Last Post. Straight after that, everyone stood for the playing of The Last Post and then we stood quietly for the one minute silence.

Lastly, I welcomed Leanah to the front to recite the Remembrance poem and to close the service. It was a major learning experience hosting something so important. Our service was a complete success too! The lady from the RSA said “This is the best school service I’ve been to.” Which was really nice to hear considering all of us worked so hard to fulfill high expectations.

5 comments:

  1. You all did an amazing job. Well done Jessica for the way you lead our student leaders. It was my first school Anzac Assembly and I was very proud to see you all leading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish that I learnt about anzac at our school well we do but we don't learn that much

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job guys
    ##########

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ola This is Ethan from Parkview Parua School. I really enjoyed reading your story about your very own Anzac service. It looked like you worked really hard on making the wreaths. It looked Amazing I wish I was there it looked like one of the best Anzac serices I have seen. Next time maybe you could add some more photographs to make it more alive. Also you could work on adding in another poem or diary speech.Overall Outstanding job. If you would like to see my posts please visit Ethan@parkviewschool.
    Amazing
    -Ethan

    ReplyDelete