Pages

Thursday, 29 August 2019

Ruapotaka on 3...1, 2, 3 RUAPOTAKA! - By Leanah


Yesterday Tristan, Leaaepeni, Konzay, Nataaliyah, Mary-Ruth, Kate, Agueer, Madisyn, Kotipi and I went to the inter-school netball tournament at the Auckland Netball Centre in St. Johns. Our first game wasn't until 10:20 because we had a BYE. We played 6 games in total, lost 3 games, won 2 and drew 1.
 We placed 13th out of 20. We played against St. Pius, Pt. England, Glen Innes and Sylvia Park in our pool. The Sylvia Park team won it overall. We then played Glenbrae in the Semi Final and Panmure Bridge in the Final. I enjoyed playing beside my teammates and I am proud of how well we did.

Monday, 12 August 2019

Kayaking At Vector Wero Whitewater Park-By Ana



On Friday Room 8 went on a trip to Vector Wero Whitewater Park, we got the chance to kayak with professionals and wear swimsuits. Once we all had the special gear on we had to get in a line from the shortest to tallest. The reason for that was because the instructors needed to give us the right kayak that our legs and our body could fit in. After that we got to go in the water. 
A Lot of people were struggling in the beginning but they got the hang of it. We had to follow the instructors all the way to the bridge. We learnt heaps from today and it was super cool.

Tuesday, 30 July 2019

Plastic Bag Ban-By Riiana

During the weekend I went to Sylvia Park and almost immediately, I noticed that most stores stopped selling plastics bags. I had thought it was only supermarkets so once I got back home I searched up the cause of this.

I read from here that stores are now banned from selling plastic bags. Any store caught could potentially be faced with a fine, or the ministry will contact the business and try to figure out why they haven't stopped giving out plastic bags.

It's wonderful that there's now a law against plastic bags. Around 28% plastic waste have been discarded, leaving 72% to end up in the ocean or stray somewhere in our environment. Even if it's only a little bit, we're reducing plastic waste.

Monday, 22 July 2019

New Term - Fresh Start! -By Liza

Term three has officially started after a two week  holiday.  New activities are coming up during the term  that we have to work hard for so we can do them. Students will have the chance to enter the netball interschools team and be involved with the skip off. 

I am going to try work hard as I have one more term left after this before I go to college.. 

Thursday, 27 June 2019

Technology Wood Works by Nurul



The first day of technology, wood works we had to draw 8 main ideas of the things we wanted to make and the drawing must have a joint.

My first idea was a race car, my second idea was a school bus. I had drawn over 44 ideas and I disliked them all but the ones I really liked were the train, bird,  house, dispenser, helicopter, pull along tray, and a piano. I chose to do a piano because it looked incredible and I feel happy that I finally finished drawing what I want to make. 

Wednesday, 26 June 2019

It's Hard to be a Potato When... by Jessica

You're surrounded by kumara.

Today at Tech Frank and I made Kumara Frittatas.

Ingredients:
1/2 of a big kumara
4 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/2 onion
Optional - Mixed herbs

Method:
Step 1 - Peel the kumara and grate with cheese grater.
Step 2 - Dice onion.
Step 3 - Whisk 4 eggs and 1 cup of milk together.
Step 4 - Mix vegetables and egg mixture together.
Step 5 - Prepare a lined baking tray and pour the mixture in the tray.
Step 6 - Bake at 200° for 15-20 minutes.
Step 7 - Take out and serve while hot.

Frank and I make some pretty tasty dishes!.

Monday, 24 June 2019

Don't Fall Out! by Leanah

On Friday 21 June my class and I went to the Wero Whitewater Park.

After watching the safety video we got changed into our togs and put our gear on. We had to wear a wet suit, a life jacket, a helmet and wet boots.
Before getting into our rafts, we learnt about how to cross a river. First we went individually, then in pairs and finally in a triangle formation.

Then we got into our rafts! There were six of us in one raft. It was thrilling and got my heart racing! When we finished whitewater rafting we had the opportunity to jump in the water and have a swim! There were two separate groups, one for the big jump, one for the little jump.

Overall I really enjoyed it. It was an amazing experience.