Pages

Thursday 29 May 2014

Cross Safely by Jasmine

Why Pedestrian Crossing is Safer Now than the Past

In the past roads were made of gravel, which made it unsafe for cars and people. Back then rules were needed.


Now these days, there are safer ways to have less accidents and injuries. Better ways for cars and people to share the road. Less people are killed. Schools all over the world have systems running, called a Pedestrian Crossing.


Today, there are zebra crossings on a Pedestrian Crossing, which stand out, making the crossing easier to see.


There are also  striped black and white poles, to show where the crossing is. On most of those poles are bright round lights.


Bright highlighted  signs called lollipops are used to stop cars so people can cross. They are controlled by children in schools, who are old enough. The lollipops are hooked onto the stripped poles.


The children who carry out Pedestrian Crossing wear bright neon vests that are visible to all vehicles. There are also raincoats for different weather conditions.


So Road patrols are a safer way for all humans to cross and safer for cars and people to be on the road.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting, I learnt a lot from your story, do you think the roads will change in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jasmine :)

    I am from Tamaki Primary School and I have been look through your class blog and it looks good with different stories.Your work is really interesting to read.I think it looks really good up on your blog. I think that after all of this I learnt a lot of good things from this about.I like how you explained to us why road patrols are really safe for us and children's and cars so we don't get hit on the first Paragraph when you explained I was thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Orana Jasmine, I really like reading your piece of writing. I find that your thoughts will be very useful to me and other people around the world. I think everyone should use crossings around the world so it is safer and so less people won't get killed.

    ReplyDelete