Pages

Monday 13 May 2019

NZ Sign Language Week- By Jessica

On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of last week Riiana, Leanah and I presented the teachers with 6 different posters based on New Zealand Sign Language Week.
Not only did we present some NZSL posters, we also made 3/6 of our own. One poster entirely made specifically for Mrs Brough, another with words the juniors commonly use and the last one filled with signs the seniors should learn based on their learning criteria.

We presented the teachers with our posters during morning tea. Riiana and Leanah did all the talking while I repeated in sign language. It was challenging and fun learning NZSL. I had to learn many different signs according to what was being said. In the video below, we are displaying two posters which we coloured in. We also printed out a small poster with medical signs for Mrs Shortland. Our first presentation was on Monday:


On Tuesday we presented the teachers with the posters we had made for the students.

Then there was another... on Wednesday Riiana and I presented Mrs Brough with her very own poster. It consisted of words such as, thank you, boss, email and other computer and manner phrases

7 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Izaak from paparoa range school. I like how you added a video to show us you doing it. You have added a lot of info but next time you might want to add photos of you learning it thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    my name is Heidi, and i'm a year 8 from Parkview Parua. I was drawn to this blog post cause of the picture! Adding a picture or video can catch a readers eye. Maybe you could have added pictures of the posters on, or put it in a slide. This reminds me of when my friend did some thing quite similar. Keep up the good work, Tumeke!!
    Bye,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica, my name is Andrea from Parkview Parua school.
    I like how much information you have given in your blog post, It is very informative and helpful. Your DLO (Digital Learning Object) which is your video and picture is very interesting. I do not know much sign language, but I can spell my name. This makes me want to learn more. Maybe next time when you are creating a blog post you could organised your writing and your DLO better so it is easier to read.
    thanks, Andrea =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Lydia from parkview Parua School
    I realy like how you added a video to show us you doing it. You had added lots of info but next time you might want to add photos of your learning then it will make it look better.
    Thanks Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my name is Caleb from Parkview school. I like the amount of information written in the post and how you added a video of you doing a presentation. This made me try and remember some sign language. Maybe next time you should add a question at the end of the post. Cya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my name is Summer fro Parkview Parua school.
    WOW you knocked my socks off!.I really like how included ALOT of info.I remember doing some sign language, it was fun:).Maybe next time you should put a W.A.L.T in the intro just so I know and plus you could add a question at the end .
    -Summer check out my blog πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I just read out your blog, it's quite interesting and informative thank you for sharing it, personally i like Visix for Meeting room signs eliminate confusion by showing room schedules outside each door, and all calendar data is fed by your existing scheduling app – no additional work required.

    ReplyDelete