Pages

Tuesday 13 October 2015

Congratulations to Miria: Winner of Year 7/8 Speech Competition

Winning Speech Finals

I was up and the nerves were getting to me. I pulled myself together, took a deep breath and started my speech.

I finished my speech off with a great quote for students to think about. "You get out of college what you put in". I hadn't considered coming first in the Speech Finals and I thought I'd come third. I had no faith in myself but Mrs.Golder reassured me I could take this out.

The places were getting called from third to first place. My name hadn't been called yet and I thought I hadn't come anywhere. First place was getting called out by Miss Ginders. "And in first place we have......... Miria" she announced. I walked to the front and claimed my award. I was applauded and complimented by students and teachers.

I was over the moon and proud of myself for achieving the award and so were my parents.
By Miria

2 comments:

  1. Miria
    Congratulations on your speech win. That's a really well written piece of writing about the awards and I enjoyed how you started with the quote that led off your speech. That gave me additional information about your topic. You obviously sounded nervous but I am sure that you and your family would have been very proud for your success. Do you have another competition against the other schools? Did you record your speech and are you going to post it?
    Mr Webb and Room Three, Auroa Primary School, Taranaki
    mrwebbauroa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Webb
      Thank you for your comment. Her video has been posted today.

      Delete